7.08.2010

two more

The usual 8pm power outage. Sitting on the roof in the very dark night with the wind listening to the barking dogs and the car horns and the cicadas, watching light grow and fade as cars pass and pretending not to know that the things flying around are bats because bats...ugh. I'm obsessed with the roofs, always have been; I spend a majority of each visit here upstairs, outside and it's this I miss most from home.

4.30am wakeups and two practices a day have caught up with me. Rest day Saturday is just two practices away, relieved, I'm beyond physically exhausted. People are flooding into town and there are plans to catch up with old friends but I have a feeling I'll skip most of them to do nothing but a whole lot of roof sitting, reading, chilling and sleeping. Happiness is a Gokulam rooftop.

1 comment:

Ruth said...

I love this entry. I am living vicariously through you, since I will never make it to India, I'm afraid. Too many children holding me back ;-)

It is BRUTALLY hot here in Toronto, and I find myself gasping for air every morning as I finish my standing postures and come to pasasana. The studio has been quiet and somewhat empty, the heat has scared off all of the sane folk.

It's not the same without you :-( - especially Fridays and Sundays. We are going for lunch tomorrow; I'll make sure we sing a silly song in your honour.

XO