The colours, the smells, the sounds, the people, the upside down when I'm used to rightside up, the getting my receipts stamped four different times before I'm allowed to leave a store, the wobble, the food, the 'hello, what is your good name?', the power cuts throwing wrenches in plans, the badass cows taking their sweet time to cross major roads, the exuberance and vitality and ritual of everyday life...really, I could stay forever.
7.15.2010
organized disorganization
When I leave the suburb that I'm staying in to head to the city I feel like I could live here forever. Tossed about in the rickshaw, wind blowing, exhaust flooding in, motors revving as cars, bikes, trucks and other rickshaws gun for position, looking left to see a mother, father and sleeping child piled onto one motorbike, looking right to see a rickshaw full of schoolkids waving and giggling....it's pure chaos and I love it.
The colours, the smells, the sounds, the people, the upside down when I'm used to rightside up, the getting my receipts stamped four different times before I'm allowed to leave a store, the wobble, the food, the 'hello, what is your good name?', the power cuts throwing wrenches in plans, the badass cows taking their sweet time to cross major roads, the exuberance and vitality and ritual of everyday life...really, I could stay forever.
The colours, the smells, the sounds, the people, the upside down when I'm used to rightside up, the getting my receipts stamped four different times before I'm allowed to leave a store, the wobble, the food, the 'hello, what is your good name?', the power cuts throwing wrenches in plans, the badass cows taking their sweet time to cross major roads, the exuberance and vitality and ritual of everyday life...really, I could stay forever.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love this post! I can totally understand your love of India reading it through your eyes! But please don't stay forever! I miss you and Toronto wouldn't be the same without you!
sick today, this message was like getting a warm hug. home soon, i have some gorgeous smelling mandala beads for you :)
Post a Comment