7.05.2008

on being a bad person...

You know how you have one of those moments where you lose your cool and do something stupid that you think about for days afterwards? I had one of those moments today.

One of the street kids asked me for change as I was walking home. I gave him a coin but he kept following me, thrusting his hand in front of me, and tapping me in the ribs in a way that got increasingly evasive. It was hot, I was fed up, I wasn't feeling well and wanted to get home to my facilities ASAP...there were a million reasons but the bottom line is that I just lost my cool. I snapped, reached down, and took the coin back.

Yeah. I totally took the money out of a hungry kids hand...wtf?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your story. I had one of those moments last night with my 6 yo son. Go figure, we are so good, then we snap - for me it wasn't the heat but weeks of being wakened - up in the middle of the night. Namaste

shamwari said...

Good for you! Serve the little bugger right. At least next time he will be grateful for what he is given! ;)