7.17.2008

last night

Last night I had a spinach salad with mandarin oranges, pine nuts and balsamic vinegar for dinner accompanied by sliced avocado, beets, cucumber and a tall, cool glass of pomegranate juice. I walked across wooden floors and enjoyed the feel of wood beneath my feet, the creaks and groans of wood giving beneath way as opposed to the cold, unforgiving feel of concrete or marble. I climbed a set of steep stairs to a bedroom in the sky where I sunk into the softest bed imaginable and lost myself in the fluffy pillows. As I slept, two tiny, delicate cats kept me company stretching and sighing as they curled themselves deeper into the folds of the bedding.

I'm not in India anymore but I'm not home either, I'm in the UK visiting friends before returning home. The last few weeks in India are a blur both because they were busy but also because I took very ill in a prolonged hospital stay kind of way. As I was only out of the hospital a few days before my flight swept me away, the fact that I'm no longer in India hasn't quite sunk in yet. I suspect as with all previous trips, it will only be in the aftermath that I process what happened while I'm away but, illness or no illness, I'm very clear that these months away were an absolute gift stuffed to the brim with blessings and not one moment that I would trade for another.

I will be adding postings about the last few weeks in Mysore in the weeks to come. In the meantime I'm off to search my iTunes for a new, irritating song to stick itself in my head because I've had "Thank You India" by Alanis Morissette stuck in my head since I got in the taxi to leave Mysore and it's been two days now - I need to MAKE IT GO AWAY :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i love the way you make my house sound like total heaven.. but I'm going to miss you describing India too.. have good travels my friend xxx