Woke with the sun this morning before leaving to teach my favourite class that left us all blissed out. Coffee in the sun on a Kensington patio then an afternoon playground practice that kicked my ass. Dinner of vegetables at home before meeting my favourite person for a Hot Docs movie that was amazing and left me feeling like a 5 year old that had just met Santa.
Catching up with friends at 2cats, followed by dancing until 2am: foot stomping, hair flying, dance like no one's watching dancing. The club fueled by alcohol, us fueled by joy. Hopping on bikes for the long ride home after last call, the streets flooded with people, wind in our hair and smiles on our faces. Brunch plans for tomorrow that will be missed because it's already 4am and there is a stack of pancakes waiting for me as I type. There will be no breakfast or lunch, there will only be a long sleep in.
I don't think the future will find me here very often. Life offline is too sweet to be online and you know how I'm doing. The only person who doesn't is you, visiting from all those miles across the ocean. I admit, your being here silently all this time has puzzled me when you could just as easily have said hi. Then again, I know you and I get it. For what it's worth: I imagine us as friends, the door is always open for hello. As for the rest of you, I'll see you in real time.
Summer is here and life is good. Enjoy yourselves :)
5.08.2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I'd be sad about this, except these days, the Universe has you placed a few feet to my left. Instead of a periodic written report, I know I'll feel your sweet, sparkling energy bouncing around on the floor between us. And I'm more than happy with that! I'll see you soon... :-)
Yes*
Ha! I LOL'ed at this one.
Post a Comment