3.06.2011

winter

Went to bed to rain, woke up to snow. As I stepped outside, a flock of geese flew overhead, moving south in v-formation. I wondered if they were actually heading south and worried about them, they've left it a bit late. When I returned home my neighbour was outside shoveling the walk, stopping long enough to look up and say "I'm sick of this shit" which surprised me, he's usually a fairly benign guy.

I thought of him later when I was out for a walk by the water. This winter does seem to have carried on a long time and I am tired of huddling up inside but then I stopped to lean against a railing and watch the plates of ice dancing towards than away from each other; while there I noticed the sound the ice was making, a comforting creaking sound, and the way the sun was setting to my right while a rainbow was peeking through the clouds to my left.

It was beautiful but bitterly cold and I couldn't help thinking that there are people sleeping outside tonight in this cold - that is shit to be sick of.





2 comments:

Ruth said...

Your pictures are breathtaking. And your post just makes me feel grateful in every possible way. It was so lovely to see you! XO

chin to my shin said...

ruth - mwah :)