6.03.2008

yogis night out

Last night was yogis night out. Indiana Jones hit the Sterling Theatre this week so we took advantage of the fact that there was no practice this morning to go to the late show which started at the very late hour of 8.30, the same time I'd normally be crawling into bed.

It's been ages since I've seen a movie and even longer since it was a big Hollywood blockbuster so it was such good fun. We got there early and headed to a chai stall to inhale a few rounds of sugar-packed tea to help us keep our eyes open. While we were there we played with the chai stall owner's kids Tesha, the baby and Apu, the little boy. The same dog with half an ear was outside the theatre, the loveliest dog ever but also the jumpiest. At one point she got overexcited so I raised my voice and said "down" loudly, just as I would to any dog, forgetting that dogs are sometimes roughly treated here - the effect on her crushed me. Where a dog at home would maybe sort of kind of stop jumping, at the sound of my voice this one made herself very small and fell to the ground looking up beseechingly. Ouch.

There was a heap of us piled into the theatre hooting and hollering along with Indiana Jones which came complete with an intermission, of course, and ended late. Thankfully some of the others came prepared not only with a bag of homemade popcorn but a ride home as well so we played "how many yogis can fit into an SUV" and discovered that the magic number was 11.


Teaching Apu how to take pictures. This was a joint effort, the bakery across the way from the chai stall

Come on - who could resist this face?


Awww yeah, Indiana Jones :)

1 comment:

dixiemoonshine said...

Hey- your blog is making me wish I was there... This is great, but...India again would be fantastic.
Yes I made it. Doing an island hopping trip. On Oahu for now, but not in waikiki. Am renting a room in a house. Off to Kauai on friday for almost 2 weeks, then the big island, then back here.
then back to work in san diego.

is anyone in mysore who you know from previous trips?